Being committed to a healthy way of living does not have to be time-consuming or even difficult. There are many simple ways to boost your health that you can do throughout the day.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
1. Get active.
Any type of movement is good for your body. The commom misconception most Americans have is about exercise – it does not have to be vigorous to be worthwhile. Some simple ways to accomplish more movement in your life:
- Take the stairs. Walk more.
- Do chores. Get a daily routine to get your body moving.
- Yoga. Not only do you benefit from the exercise, but it also is a great stress reliever!
- Try something new. Ever been to a driving range?
The possibilities are endless. Record all the active “things” you do in a normal day.
2. Eat Well.
This is the hardest part of living healthy, but do not give up. It is not as horrible as it sounds. You will feel so much better in the long run. Eating well means maintaining a healthy weight along with a healthy, well-balance diet. Try tracking your meals for a couple days.
Here’s a few tips to get you started eating right:
- Eat more fruit. Try some on your cereal or even squeeze a couple lemon wedges into your water.
- More vegetables. Great snacks or side dishes. Add some to a sandwich or into your pasta sauce.
- Lean proteins are key. Rotate fresh fish and seafood into your dinner recipes. They are full of vitamins not found in beef or poultry.
- Fats are an essential part of a well-balanced diet, but don’t over do it. Try your favorite fried food baked in the oven. Experiment with different seasonings to create new flavors.
Take it day by day. Change doesn’t happen overnight. Set small, reasonable goals for yourself and you are sure to succeed. You deserve to live life to its full potential. You will see results in no time with a simple plan. Once you see the rewards of your hard work you will wonder why you ever lived any other way.
What will you do to live healthy today?
Still not sure if you’re ready? Take our short quiz and find out!
“Yes, we are going to suffer, we will have difficult times, and we will experience many disappointments but all of this is transitory; it leaves no permanent mark. And one day we will look back with pride and faith at the journey we have taken.” – words to live by.