I was born with a condition called anemia.
It is a condition in which your blood has a lower than normal number of red blood cells.
In addition to taking iron supplements I also have to be careful with my diet and recently researched some foods that are beneficial to my health. I am a partial vegetarian in that I only eat chicken, turkey, and fish so getting the right amount of iron in my diet can be a difficult task.
Here is the list I have for foods rich in iron:
– Beef (I currently do not eat any cow by-products)
– Fortified Instant Oatmeal
Fruits & Veggies
– White beans
– Kidney Beans
– Chick Peas
– Prune Juice
– Cow Peas
– Tomato Paste/Sauce
– Navy Beans
– Refried Beans
More information on anemia:
- Anemia & How to Cure it Holistically (enlightenedlotuswellness.com)
- How To Treat Anemia (answers.com)
- Which Foods Are Rich In Iron? (answers.com)
- Iron supplements for fatigue (sciencebasedmedicine.org)